Celebrities into Cryptocurrency
The Crypto community is diverse and continues to expand, although it still caters to a specific audience of people interested in technology and digital solutions. Luckily, more famous people have started to engage in crypto, making this sphere more accessible to the general public. If you were wondering if there are any celebrities in cryptocurrency, here is a list of the most prominent personalities.
What Is Cryptocurrency
Cryptocurrency is a currency that only exists in the digital world. Blockchain technology supports cryptocurrencies and makes it possible to trade them and use them for purchasing goods and services. Digital currencies are not tangible; they cannot be printed on paper or issued as coins. In addition, cryptos are decentralized as opposed to centralized fiat currencies backed by banks and other financial institutions. This means that there is no specific governing body that can control such currencies. One of the main goals of cryptos is be accessible all over the globe and eliminate the tedious process of transferring money and exchanging currencies via banks.
How Does Crypto Work
· Mining – while fiat currencies are printed on paper, digital tokens can be obtained through the process called mining. Special computers are needed to solve complex mathematical problems. This way, a single BTC token can be mined after quite some time.
· Purchasing and storing – it is not required to mine tokens to have them as most crypto enthusiasts can simply buy coins with fiat money or even other cryptos. Special crypto exchanges exist for buying and selling cryptocurrencies. After obtaining crypto, it can be stored in a secure digital wallet.
· Investing – after you obtain some crypto, there are a few things you can do with it. You can use tokens to pay for goods and services just like with fiat currencies, trade crypto to receive profits, or sell it for dollars or any other currency.
TOP 10 Celebrities Who Are into Cryptocurrency
There are actually quite a lot of celebrities into crypto, which is often a surprise for their fans and the general audience. Take a look at some of the most popular crypto advocates.
You do not have to be a football fan to know about the legendary player Lionel Messi. He is one of the most prominent crypto supporters among celebrities because he became an ambassador of a company that develops crypto smartphones. He advertises a unique phone solution that uses blockchain technology and even features a cold wallet for the safer storage of coins. Almost 90 million followers on his Insta and Facebook profiles learned about crypto thanks to his posts.
Luis Suarez, another iconic footballer that plays for the Uruguay national team and Atlético Madrid, was also ready to jump on the crypto train. The player advertised the sports betting market Stox on his Instagram page. What is peculiar about this market is that it uses Ethereum as the main currency. Suarez invited all his multimillion audience to join ETH betting with him.
Another Stox supporter is the famous boxer Floyd Mayweather. Apart from that, Mayweather promoted an ICO by Hubii Network. ICO is an initial coin offering, which is basically a fundraising initiative for crypto projects. Later on, the player advertised another ICO by Centra Tech.
An incredible German footballer and football team manager, Lothar Matthaus, joined TokenStars, a blockchain-based management platform for celebs. Matthaus is a football ambassador on this crypto-based platform.
One of the most famous Hollywood actors, Ashton Kutcher, is one of the biggest supporters of blockchain technology. Even back in 2014, he tweeted about ETH when crypto was still very unknown among casual Internet users. This actor is one of the investors of BitBay, a popular crypto exchange, as well as a supporter of a cybersports betting platform called Unikrn.
One of the most legendary boxers of all time, Mike Tyson, is also enjoying crypto. He is advertising a unique Bitcoin ATM that makes swift BTC transactions as well as crypto wallet software for mobile platforms. In addition, this ad happened back in 2015, which means that prices for BTC have skyrocketed since then.
Another popular actor that owns an Oscar and advertises crypto like it is not a big deal is Jamie Foxx. On his Twitter profile, he advertised a new ICO fundraiser by Cobinhood and urged his followers to join. This platform says to offer no trading fees whatsoever, which is a great deal if you know a thing or two about cryptocurrencies and their insane fees.
Football players seem to love all crypto innovations, and Gianluca Zambrotta is no exception. This champion of so many football Cups and a current coach for a Chinese football team is also a part of the TokenStars team and officially joins crypto celebs.
The one and only Scary Spice, or, as everybody knows her, Mel B, is one of the crypto ambassadors in the music world. Back in 2013, she was the first singer to accept BTC as a viable currency when buying her music. This helped unite all her fans around the globe and spread her incredible music.
A legendary tennis player Martina Hingis also joins the crypto fan club. She participated in a charitable crypto auction organized by TokenStars and provided her sports t-shirt with a signature.
Why Famous People Invest in Cryptocurrency
There are quite a few reasons why famous personalities invest in cryptocurrencies in one way or another. Some of these reasons correlate with regular people, while others are exclusive to celebrities. Here is why so many celebs continue to join the crypto club:
· Money – it is safe to say that most famous people in cryptocurrency are a part of this industry for the purpose of making money. Numerous crypto projects essentially offer brand deals and endorsements for celebrities to promote digital currencies and engage their loyal audience. Everyone makes their own moral choice.
· Initial capital – the most popular cryptos like BTC and ETH are incredibly expensive now, and most people can only purchase a fracture of a token. Rich people have a lot of funds to invest in a decent amount of crypto without risking going bankrupt. Dealing with crypto is always a risk, and celebrities simply can afford it.
· Potential – often, there is no vested interest in promoting certain digital currency initiatives as celebrities are also people and can invest in projects that have potential. Blockchain technology is highly innovative, and many celebs enjoy innovation as any other people. It is not a surprise that certain celebrities are philanthropists and want to invest in our collective future instead of simply increasing their wealth.
· Accessibility – to be fair, crypto is globally accessible, and famous people can use it personally to simplify transactions or offer such opportunities to their fans. While the majority of international websites with merch and such offers payment solutions in dollars and euros, it is not convenient for millions of loyal fans. With crypto, it becomes infinitely easier to support favorite singers, actors, artists, etc., with no limit.
The list could go on as cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology continue to deliver new opportunities for everyone.
Most people would probably be surprised to know that so many famous people invested in cryptocurrency. There are different reasons to invest in crypto, from supporting blockchain initiatives and boosting their growth to simply making more profits. As of now, many athletes support crypto in one way or another. They simply invest in BTC and other virtual currencies or become ambassadors for various crypto projects. But not only sports players enjoy innovation. Actors, musicians, singers, and influencers continue to join the crypto community. Lionel Messi, Ashton Kutcher, Mike Tyson, DJ Khaled, Gwyneth Paltrow, Mel B, Jessica VerSteeg — the list could go on. Thanks to the incredibly diverse and wide audiences of these celebs, the crypto community continues to expand and gain new dedicated followers. When a famous person tweets something about crypto to their multimillion audience, you know that some of them will be interested.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Celebrities Are in Cryptocurrency?
More and more celebrities are starting to dive into crypto. There are actors, athletes, influencers, and more. From the Kardashian family to such influential personalities as Lionel Messi, Ashton Kutcher, Mike Tyson, DJ Khaled, and more — there are numerous celebs starting to buy and promote digital currencies.
Which Famous People Are Buying Cryptocurrency?
There is a long list of celebrities that have already invested in Bitcoin, not to mention other popular cryptos like Ethereum. Among BTC investors are Mike Tyson, Maisie Williams, Snoop Dogg, Kanye West, Ashton Kutcher, and more.
Why Do Celebrities Buy Crypto?
First and foremost, celebrities have money to buy crypto without going bankrupt. Of course, certain cryptos are not extremely expensive, but BTC and ETH are pricy. For some famous people, buying crypto is connected with advertising and receiving money for a brand deal.